Wednesday, January 4, 2012

His many blessings of 2011, Part 2

The other day I started a 3 part series, click here if you'd like to read Part 1. 

In Part 1, I thanked my son Brandon for his part in my transformation during 2011.  In Part 2, I'd like to thank another participant. 

I can say a lot about my next honoree.  He is truly blessed with an amazing ability to work with the gifts of The Spirit.  I have a few other friends that have that ability, all of which are major blessings to me, but his abilities stands out among them. I talked a little about him in this post, but I thought I would brag on him a little more.   

I'm 36 years old, been married more then once, yet there have been a lot of firsts in our relationship.  Although I can't remember my youth clearly, I do know he is the first man to consistently open my door for me.  Others did once or twice but as soon as they thought they had caught me, they stopped, but 9 months later he is still doing it.  I'm still not used to it though, often I have to stop from doing it myself.  I just hope I never take it for granted.

He's the first that simply listens.  No advice.  No football on behind me.  No constantly looking at his phone or watch to see how long I've been talking.  Just quiet patience as I get it off my chest and because of that I find it much easier to talk to him about "us".  I think he thinks we talk to much about it but never does he get mad or show any frustration.  He simply says that he doesn't want to talk about that now but if I want to we can.  That's not something I am used to either.  In the past I've been worried about opening my mouth and speaking up about something but now it's so easy I probably do it to much.

He's the first that I feel a close friendship with.  It's probably this way because we were just friends at first.  We learned to connect with each other on a much more "formal" level.  Not that our current relationship is "informal" but things change when you hold hands or kiss for the first time.  I really just like being with him.  We don't have to be doing anything.  Just sitting together have the strangest conversations, poking fun at each other and just enjoying each others presence. 

He apologizes more then any man I've known, which is very refreshing. Normally I'm the one that is always apologizing but he is quick to apologize when it is warranted. He tries much harder then most of the men that have been in my life.  I have totally fallen for him, yet he continues to pursue me.  He's always looking for new ways to enhance our relationship.  He invests in me for my benefit not just his or ours.  He's helped me pick up the pieces of my heart over the past 9 months.  Never complaining about how long it was taking or how much energy he was having to invest.  He's quick to call when I need him.  He's starting to let go of his independence and we are getting closer because of it.      

He honors me with his words that he speaks to me and to others.  He values my thoughts and feelings.  He blesses me with his grace and his compassion. I am privileged to call him my friend and I feel honored that he thinks about me when he thinks about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment